Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lookie what I got!

I was sitting in my office when the receptionist walked into my office with a box. She said "Someone likes you. It's from Southern Seasons." Well, I began thinking about it. Nobody likes me. Or at least nobody likes me enough that they would be sending me something from Southern Seasons, just because.

It's not my birthday. No anniversary, no new doctorate degree. I didn't just win the lottery, so nobody would be sucking up to me. It must be a mistake.

So before I opened the entire box, I tore open the small section with the card. It was from Amy M. from [Company X] of the e-mail chain I wrote about a couple of days ago. The card read "Sorry I'm such a pain in the ass. Thanks for all your work and efforts. You rock! Let's go get a drink sometime."

(OK, so I added that last sentence in there. But that's because I met Amy once before. She's about 5'7" with long blonde hair and wore her blouse with one too many buttons undone just because she's the type of woman who has a body that lets her get away with it.)

Still, it was a really nice peace offering. Now I almost feel bad for blogging about them. Almost...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very nice of them. I wouldn't accept it though. I would send it back with a note telling them that you didn't fall for it!!!!

You know they're only buttering you up for something, right? LOL Oh yeah, this'll come back to bite you.

Gigs

Beth said...

Hey Joe! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will get a brief recap up for ya tonight!!

Btw, I think the pool is juuust right. :p

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. You were more than justified in writing what you did.