Friday, October 5, 2007

A very sad day

It's been 24 hours and I'm still in mourning. I know it's not quite at the same level as when a friend or family member passes away, or even a beloved pet. But still, when something you have become so attached to for so many years is gone, it's hard to get past.

Yes, that's right. I cleaned out my underwear drawer and tossed out about a half dozen 10-15 year old ratty pairs. It brought a tear to my eye to do so, but it was just time. The elastic was completely gone, the threads were so worn in areas that they were see through, and there were so many holes that if I tossed them in a pile it would look like a lump of swiss cheese.

I'll get over it. But give me some time...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Thanks for the great FIRST real morning laugh! I'd say you have a common thread with my husband ... but it appears you've tossed them ... *grinz*

Anonymous said...

My condolences on your loss. And just a suggestion.... you don't have to face saying goodbye if you simply choose not to wear them. DOH!

BobG said...

Well, you could have gotten them bronzed, or preserved in plastic for posterity.

GeekieChick said...

I'm getting ready to deal with hubby's grief for this very reason. I've told him I'll take care of it as long as he'll go away for awhile. I'll shoulder that awful burden for him...

;D

Gigglesbee said...

Ugh....tell me about it! Trying to get PITA to toss out his holey undies is a ridiculous battle! I usually just wait until he's gone to work and then toss them all.

How DO you guys get so many holes in them, anyway????

Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at your "labels" for this post: "swiss cheese, underwear"

HAHAHA

Deirdre said...

Aww, the trials we endure in this life. My thoughts will be with you during this difficult time.

Unknown said...

Chin up, soldier. Honor the fallen. 8)