Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Justified Profanity

Yesterday I was heading out on my lunch hour to a strip mall that had a Verizon Wireless store. (The reason for that trip is probably blog-worthy as well, but it will have to wait.) Anyway, it's lunchtime and the parking lot is packed. After circling twice, I come up to a spot where there is a woman getting into her car on my left. I turn on my signal and wait.

Just as the lady finished backing up out of her spot, another car rounds the corner and gets right on her back bumper. As she pulls forward, passing me on my right, this other woman makes a quick turn into the spot. I hit my horn and give her a "what the hell are you doing?" look. It was right out of a TV commercial.

I stuck around for a second to be sure she could see my less than pleased look on my face once she got out of her car. Apparently she had already seen it because once she parked, she got out and walked right up to my window and said "What the fuck is your problem?"

I rolled down the window and replied "What the hell, lady? I was obviously waiting for that spot."

She pointed her finger into my car and at me and repeated "What the fuck is your problem?"

So while I'm normally a very nice person. I simply told her what my problem was. I had no idea I had such a problem, but apparently I did because this is what came out:

"My problem is you are a fat ugly bitch that is too fucking lazy to walk the length of the parking lot and instead you needed to be a complete asshole and steal a parking spot. Now go waddle over to Starbucks and get your extra large Mocha Frappachino and your four slices of cheesecake and get out of my face." I then rolled up my window and drove off, not waiting to see if she said anything else.

So, as I just mentioned, apparently stealing a parking spot from me can set me off. I had no idea this was such a big deal for me, but I guess it was! That or I was having a bad morning. (Still, it was sort of therapeutic to yell at her like that. I would have had guilt too, but she broke out the profanity first...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often wonder about people like that. How they can just totally devalue another person and feel justified. I agree that you, as your title goes, were justified in your response. Go Joe!

Anonymous said...

omg! wow.

You should have offered her a slice of Heini cheese.

(Didn't you GET that??? You have to read the label aloud...)

Joe said...

Of course I got it, but the Butt Cheese joke was already taken so I had to revert to feigned ignorance. :)

BobG said...

My dad always said that the difference between animals and humans is that humans had manners; those without manners are just badly behaved animals, and should be treated as such.

GeekieChick said...

Wow... The nerve of some people!

I'm sorry. I'm a nice person (of which you are, too, I'm sure!), but that would have been enough to send me over the edge, too!

I'm another female though, I may have had to get out of the car and deck her!!!

;D

(just kidding...)

Anonymous said...

That's one of the few things that will set me off too. Parking around me can really suck so it requires a skill set of eagle eyes, patience, knowledge of the area and did I say patience?

I've been known to get spot-shanked and then slowly drive down the street yelling obscenities at the offender (sorry, but often women) until my wife is laughing too hard to make it effective anymore.

Ooooo..I'm steamed just thinking about it.