Monday, September 24, 2007

Two blog posts in one!

OK, after reading the unanimous opinions in the comments of my post on Saturday, I took all of your advice and after responding to M's latest e-mail this morning I included this final paragraph.

"Finally in the interest of full disclosure, while I'm happy to continue to talk and chat with you I need you to know that I can't pursue a further relationship with you. I think you're a great person, a great mom, and you have the world ahead of you. But I simply don't feel any chemistry. And I need to feel that before I move forward in a relationship. If I don't hear back from you, I'll understand and I wish you the nothing but the best of luck. The right guy is out there for you, I hope you find him real soon."

That was a horrible thing to write. And how do you make it sound good? I think I re-wrote it 5 times before it didn't sound like "I don't like you, quit writing to me!" Anyway, it's over with. And I haven't heard back from her.

But moving on to the second half of my post. The other big reason I moved my blog is so I could write a bit more about my social life in pseudo-anonymity. Writing about getting my life back on track is what this entire blog is about. And in the past month and a half or so it's been looking up. After the kids got home from San Francisco and I became a full-time single dad through Christmas, I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be dating anyone until 2008. I think that lasted about a week. Because that weekend I took the kids ice skating, and there was a woman - let's call her "E" - whom I had dated once before at the rink. For whatever reason it had ended back then. But now here we both were, with our kids there with us, and so we began talking. And I don't know if it was because the kids were there, but it's like we never stopped dating. All the pressure I felt about letting someone meet my kids was gone. And I think it was the same for her.

Since then we've been hanging out pretty regularly. We're both full-time single parents which means more often than not we have to do things as a huge group with the kids, but we do try to grab small amounts of alone time whenever we can. (Anyone wanna babysit 5 kids?)

So, with that said... meet "E":













Look for a lot more about "E" in upcoming posts.

(See mom? I'm not gay!)

6 comments:

Terri said...

I'm happy for you! Sounds like you two are off to a great start. And please ask E how dare she look so good in a BIKINI after having had children???

GeekieChick said...

Good for you!!!

And I'm with Terri! How dare she attempt to look so great in a bikini!! :P

Have fun and enjoy life...

Carol said...

Glad you have someone, and we see you're not gay - not that there'd be anything wrong with that.

I'm not sure if the "stalker" was really stalking, or just overzealous and maybe a bit desperate. It's been a long time since I've dated. What a jungle!

Gigglesbee said...

Yeah..I was really liking "E" a lot until I saw her in a bikini. Now, I'm too overcome with envy to really like her. I'm sorry....but it's your own fault. ;o)

I'm really happy for you!! And I loved the comments on all the pictures!

The Chick said...

I had to go back and read the email from M. I think you handled it well and were really polite, but I don't think I'd call her a stalker. She probably just really liked you and was just being really sincere. Women have a harder time hiding their emotions than men. Don't judge her harshly. But it sounds like it all worked out for the best anyway! E is super cute!

brandy101 said...

Robin the boy wonder comments: "Holy sh*t Batman, Joe is dating a MILF!!!!!!"

Kidding.But more important than her looks (which are smokin', btw)is the fact that she is, according to you , a good mom and great person. How awesome!

That is wonderful, Joe.

Also, what you wrote is not remotely horrible - it was gracious and gentlemanly. I'm really proud of you.