Thursday, September 27, 2007

Please send drugs

Or earplugs.

In the span of 4 days DQ has joined the orchestra and GB has joined band. And they've made their choice of instruments. Beginning tomorrow GB will be playing the baritone horn, and DQ will be playing the viola.





Now let me repeat that for any of you who didn't quite grasp what this means. I will be living with two kids playing instruments, neither of which have played an instrument before, neither of which can read music, and neither of which have any pity for me. Oh the sounds and shattered glass that will be emanating from my home. I bet the cats ask to be let out and never come back.

I swear you will know the moment I hit my breaking point because the following morning will be the day I decide to place this Baritone Horn by GB's head and proceed to use it as a fog-horn to wake him up. Then I will have to come up with something just as diabolical to wake up DQ. Right now I can't come up with anything, but frayed nerves have a way of getting my brain thinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may be pleasantly surprised. My son took guitar classes at school. We bought him his own guitar, and before classes even began he was playing Smoke on the Water. Sadly, now that the classes are over, he doesn't touch it.

Beej said...

My son started band last year. He's a drummer. He beats on everything. I mean EVERYTHING.

Gigglesbee said...

I have no pity for you. My husband is a drummer...my oldest son is a drummer...and my youngest son is a drummer. So,while I do feel your pain, I can't do anything else but snicker....just a bit.. ;o)