Thursday, September 6, 2007

I am very angry!

One of my nighttime addictions is the frustrating fun game that comes with Windows called Freecell. Basically it's a version of solitaire where the objective is to move all the cards to their foundations. What I've always liked about the game is it kept stats and you could look up your winning percentage for your current session as well as overall history. I'm a numbers guy and I like to do well. Historically my win percentage hovers between 85-88%. Additionally, it has a great feature in that on the occasions when I do lose a game I can play it over again again until I do win. Put simply, I can lose the game 3 times and then finally win it, and it only counts as a single loss.


Anyway, I digress. My point is that I can be am a perfectionist. When I do lose a game I will actually keep playing that single hand over and over again until I get it right. And these past 4 nights, I've been fighting this one hand repeatedly. I must have lost about 50 times. So I quit. Well, I didn't quit, I decided to cheat seek help. I did a quick Google search on Freecell and included the game number hoping to find a starting point.


And guess what I found out? Game #11982 is NOT winnable! I thought ALL Freecell games were winnable! Stooooopid Microsoft!!!


Now the question remains: Am I supposed to feel guilty for seeking help on the Internet? Or am I justified because I was right in the fact that I couldn't do it on my own? Regardless, I'm peeved that I spent all this time on a game that I couldn't win! I'm done with it...

No comments: