Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wilco, etc.

I left off a few things from my previous post, not because they were trivial, but because they deserved a blog post of their own.

The first was the Wilco concert that K took me to. It was "nice". That's exactly how the band described it. The crowd was "nice". The venue was "nice". We smelled "nice". Wilco's music was "nice". Not great. Nice. Wilco is good, but by no means a Led Zeppelin. (Guess you had to be there!)

On the other hand, my date for the evening was amazing. I haven't really had the time or the energy to explain just how taxing my job has been over the past few weeks. I think K has an inkling, but even that doesn't do it justice. It has sucked. So much so that I've been seriously considering a job or career change.

Anyway, I'm off track. In a wonderful twist of irony, I was sitting there at the concert, probably being less than a stellar companion to K (off in my own little world of computer hell) and thinking how nice it was to have someone like her to be with and do stuff with at times like this. Of course, being in my own little world I didn't take the time to tell her that. Or to thank her for putting up with me while I'm partially somewhere else. I'm an ass. (Baby, in case you are reading this before I talk to you tonight, you're the best!)

Another thing I didn't post about was our date night Saturday night. After an early evening of boxing up K's gameroom we decided to get showered and head over to a little hole in the wall bar called "The Flip Side". From the outside, it's in the middle of downtown and doesn't merit a second glance. But inside they bring in great live bands, have a nice selection of beer, drinks, and wine, and to top it off, it's a non-smoking bar. We like it because it's also quite a diverse crowd. It ranges from a spattering of college aged kids all the way up to a fairly good number of senior citizens. And the senior crowd tends to be the most lively. Anyway, it was a beautiful night out so we sat on their patio and told stories about our pasts back and forth to each other all night long. It was so nice to be able to get away from the kids, appreciate each other, relax, unwind, and laugh. On top of that, we drove the Beast. The Beast was happy.

There's more, but it'll have to wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your date night sounds fantastic. I hope you have date nights like that for many years to come.

Sorry to hear the job has been stressful. It's sad how job stress trickles into the rest of your life, but it happens to all of us.

Anonymous said...

I love Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Sun Volt, the bottlerockets and all kinds of bands like that.

Wilco double album, Being there is a great, so your girl friend is with another guy while your sitting at home wondering why kinda cd.

They're not trying to be led zepplin are they? I don't know, you're right thought, they are no led zepplin, but I love Wilco.

K-2-B-A-BNIT said...

No they were not trying to be Led Zepplin. That was an inside joke. I thought Wilco was good. Not as good as they were the last time I saw them in FL, but he venue was better then and the sound quality was therefore better.