Friday, August 29, 2008

We're In!

We've moved. Sort of. We're not done yet. Closing went fairly smoothly yesterday and we officially own the place now. There was a small hiccup when the funds for our loan didn't show up because the lender transposed two numbers. Since the builder owns the lender, after learning that was the problem we took it upon ourselves to move in anyway and let them figure it out amongst themselves. We figured if they wanted their money, they'd get it straight.

We closed at 11am, and by 2pm we decided we sat around long enough on them so we started moving the stuff in. There was no sense in paying movers by the hour to sit around and wait. By 5pm, a representative came by with our keys and apologized. They said "technically" we weren't supposed to be on the property, but she knew the only holdup was self-created so she "looked the other way" until final word came in that the bank fixed their error.

Anyway, we've moved stuff into the new house. And when we were finally done moving stuff into the new house we all found a mattress somewhere to collapse on last night. But there are still boxes everywhere, and will be for quite some time. I haven't even gotten much of my stuff out of my house to move over yet. K is home today unpacking. Something we didn't stop doing until 2am last night. Since K had the day off and I had to get to work anyway, I let her sleep in while I was up again at 5am getting kids ready for school. Now I'm dead tired and could really use a nap...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Don't work TOO hard this weekend.

Beth said...

Congratulations!!
The best part of moving into a new place is putting the stuff away and making it yours.

Have fun with it! Happy Labor Day!

Rita's Rants n Raves said...

Congrats! It is always exciting to be moving into a home. I worked in the Real Estate business for over 20 years until recently, I got laid off thanks to the economy but I know the frustration you went through seeing it everyday myself. So many things can hold up a closing let me tell you,lol. Enjoy your new home.