Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blogging 23/6

I should rename this blog to "23/6". That would be short for "Some of the details, most of the time!"

Yep, it's been close to two weeks since my last post. I'll blame this one on the Chinese and all their little virus and trojan creating punks. My company has been bombarded with intrusion and hack attempts over the past month, and the last two weeks have been relentless. At first we (and by we, I mean ME) were able to block about 98% of them, but the two percent that got in caused massive chaos. Since then we (and by we, I mean ME) have been able to pretty solidly slam the door shut on them. And it's been cleanup, both of our data, and of our reputation ever since.

On the upside, I no longer need to blog as often. I showed K my blog the other day for the first time. She had no idea what a blog was. But since then, she's not only read and critiqued mine from top to bottom, she's started her own. (Over HERE. Go check it out.) And she's good at it. Better than I am. So if I'm not telling you what's going on, you can hop over there and she'll fill you in.

With that said I'm going to still try to keep up. Here's the summary for the past two weeks, in reverse order:

1. We're going to visit family in Maryland this upcoming weekend. Depending on the weather, we'll be swimming, boating, and hanging out at Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

2. My uncle is coming to pick up K's Volkswagon Beetle to keep until we finish with the move.

3. My cousin just got engaged two days ago, and her fiance is a mechanic who offered to help get the aforementioned Beetle running for us.

4. We are just about finished with our wedding invitations and they will be mailed tomorrow. No really. We mean it. There's a long story here, but it will have to wait.

5. We need to mow K's lawn. It's a mess. It's also an acre and a half. And the riding lawnmower is broken. Another long story.

6. DQ and T2 are in soccer camp this week. They seem to like it. Especially the salads for lunch. (Yes, another long story.)

7. GB bought himself an XBox 360 with the money he has been saving. Forza 2 Motorsports is a really cool game in case you were wondering.

8. The beach was fun. Except for the jellyfish. Ask GB. (Or everyone who wanted to pee on him.)

9. GB and I went to play paintball. That was also fun. Until some guys on my team thought I wasn't on their team. And four of them unloaded into my back from about 15 feet away. Nevermind.

10. The Beast doesn't like the Lexus. It gets mad when we drive the car instead of the truck to save gas. One of these days we're going to come home and it is going to have eaten it. Or driven over it. No, really.

10. There's more, but I don't remember it all right now. And I do need to get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K is blogging! EXCELLENT!