Thursday, July 26, 2007

San Francisco, here I come!

I'm heading out to San Francisco for a long weekend tomorrow so I can see the kids. For those of you who didn't know, my kids are staying with their mom for 6 weeks this summer before returning home just in time for school.

If my flights are on time I'll be arriving around noon tomorrow west coast time, and am going to have to bolt to catch the kid's rocket launch. They are spending part of the summer at a science camp and this week's theme is rocketry. Apparantly they've been building rockets all week and are going to some park to launch them all. If I don't hit any delays, I should make it in time to watch.

Regardless of whether I make it or not, I'm hoping to get to Chevy's for dinner. It's one of my favorite "chain" restaurants. We used to have one in Raleigh but it closed down for some reason. I have no idea why since it was always packed. From there, I'm sure we'll find something to do the rest of the evening.

On Saturday, I'm going to be taking the kids to Alcatraz in the morning. (So if you hear of someone accidentally locking themselves in a cell, that would probably be GB. And I probably did it.) After that, we're going to be heading over to Angel Island for the history tour there. And then after that, I'm hoping to hang out the rest of the afternoon at Pier 39, then hit Chinatown for dinner. Depending on how much energy we have after all that, we'll possibly go see a late night movie.

Then on Sunday, the kids have informed me I'm taking them to Six Flags so we can ride the rollercoasters and spend time at the Water Park. It's not quite sightseeing, but I'm sure I'll suffer through it! My only disappointment is that I won't have time to take them to the Redwoods. (Then again, that's just me being selfish, I want to see those!)

I'll be returning home on Monday, so you guys are going to have to survive without a few days of posts from me. But if you behave yourselves, maybe I'll post some pictures!

No comments: