Monday, July 23, 2007

Another Back Update

I had an appointment with the Ortopedist this morning, and now finally I have a possible diagnosis. After taking a new set of x-rays and reviewing the results of my previous MRI he said it looks like there are two small things in play. The first is that he said he sees a small amount of arthritis in my spine where the thorasic cavity meets the lumbar section. He said it's relatively minor, but combined with what looks like a few benign "blood clots" (He used a medical term that escapes me at the moment) in those specific arthritic vertibrae is what is probably causing the pain. Not those problems specifically but the muscles around them. He thinks I strained my back at some point unconciously favoring the area and has scheduled me for a couple of physical therapy appointments even though things have been feeling much better. He also asked me to go back and restart on the Naproxin and Norflex for 2 more weeks to keep the muscles relaxed.

Anyway, that's my back update, which also includs an all clear from the ultrasound last Thursday...

No comments: