Thursday, February 21, 2008

Remodeling Project #1

Brace yourself, I'm planning to do some manual labor! Yes, that's right. Me!

I'm going to redo my master bathroom. I'm going to paint the entire room, repaint the trim, recaulk the tub, toilet, windows, and counters, refloor the room, and swap out the light fixtures. I'm serious!!!

But before you get yourself too worried, I will have some help.

From Martha Stewart.

OK, so it won't really be Martha. But in her place it will be her long lost kid sister, K. Get this, under her guidance we went shopping Tuesday night for all the remodelling supplies and lighting fixtures, plus a complete set of towels new towels, a bathmat, countertop accessories, and a shower curtain to match the new paint color and kept it under my self imposed budget of $125. No shit!!!

I'm keeping this woman.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to paint our Master Bedroom/Bath soon also. And finish the touchups on all the painting I did last summer ( the whole house ). Then I get to do MY projects ( basement finish and outside deck )

Kate said...

wow! that IS a deal! share some pics when it's all done :)

Paul Mitchell said...

Just wondering, will she still be able to bring you beer and stuff while she's doing all that work? Or does she actually think that you will not get thirsty watching her do it?

Just wondering how those relationships work way up North.

Joe said...

That's a GREAT question. I hadn't thought about that yet...

GeekieChick said...

You better be good to that one!! You don't know how lucky you are!!!

;)

Logzie said...

Yah...good job bargain shopping...we want pictures!!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

yet again...how many more"insights" do you need?!!

WHERE IS THE RING, you ding-a-ling?! :)