Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you and yours are all doing something special.

As for me, it's a bit up in the air at the moment since K has been sick. She went home from work on Monday and hasn't been back to the office since. She left me a note this morning that she felt worse this morning and is headed to the doctor. So we'll see how it goes. If she's feeling better, we have plans for me to cook her dinner tonight. We made those plans last week and as soon as I told her what I wanted to do, she sent me a grocery list:

2 filet mignons
container of dried porcini mushrooms
6 shallots
fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup dry white wine - bottle of chardonnay.
small container of Gorgonzola cheese
bag of spinach for salad
bottle of merlot
small bag of walnuts
you wearing nothing but a red bow



I don't know whether to be insulted that she didn't trust me not to make Mac & Cheese, or to be thrilled she knows me so well! (I'll go with the latter!) Anyway, hopefully she's feeling better. Otherwise we'll have to do it some other night.

Cheers everyone, and once again: Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY liking K. She's got a great sense of humor!

I hope things work out for you tonight, but if not, your plan for another time when she's feeling better is just as well. Today isn't a real holiday anyway. It's just a Hallmark holiday.

GeekieChick said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Joe!!

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds good Joe, except for that last item. Didn't need that visual. I will also be preparing dinner for my wife. Its not that unusual since I do 98% of the cooking anyway.

Deirdre said...

hehe, funny.

I hope it went well. :D

Paul Mitchell said...

Uh, didn't she go a little light on the alcohol? I mean, one bottle and one cup. Who gets the bottle and who gets the cup?

Nevermind, I see the other bottle now. But, still, maybe you should suck down a few beers before you go over.

And aren't you glad that she clarified what the spinach would be for? Surely you aren't so stupid as to get the "shirt-making" spinach.

Paul Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.