Friday, December 21, 2007

For the first time in my life...

For the first time in my life, I made a donation to a Presidential Candidate. I sent Senator Biden $15. Yea, I know what you're thinking: Damn, Joe. Where do you get that kind of cash? (I had it in my car's cup holder, covered in soda. Thanks for asking!)

I also know you're wondering "Why Joe Biden?" And the answer to that is simple. He is flat out the only candidate on either side of the aisle who has a clue about how to solve the crisis in Iraq. It's not about Stay the Course, or Get out Now. It's about solving the problem properly so that when we leave the entire place doesn't impode.

All the rest of the major issues are almost secondary. Partly because both sides of the aisle are saying the same things about Immigration which is Big Issue #2, and I expect to see something happen no matter who gets into office.

As for the rest of the issues: Universal Healthcare, Education, etc., any policy put forth by the next administration is going to get completely watered down by Congress no matter who it is. So whether you like Obama's view on Education reform, or Huckabee's, do you REALLY think the final version of the legislation is going to look any different?

The #1 issue in front of us is Iraq. We must get out in a manner that leaves the country stable. If that doesn't happen the entire Middle East is going to end up in turmoil and the lasting ramifications to that are far more dangerous than anything we've seen in more than half a century. And only Biden has a solution.

(And if he doesn't win I'm going to want a refund!)

3 comments:

Duble said...

I really don't care who gets nominated, i am voting for who ever is not a GOP canidate (for the forseeable future.)

Bush made me this way, i used to split my ticket pretty evenly.

I like Biden too, oh well.

Trudi said...

I just heard that he withdrew himself...sorry to hear that you lost your money.

Anonymous said...

Ouch at the last comment.

@Joe
I hope you guys do the right thing and vote the right candidate. The dollar's falling so fast, and for those of us who get paid in dollars, that means trouble. =(