Thursday, January 31, 2008

An infrequent update

I'm alive. I'm still blogging. (Sort of.) And I'm trying to figure out what or what not to write here. I still believe in jinxes. The type of jinxes that occur when you mention something good, it immediately comes crashing down. For this reason I'm going to play it cool, at least for a little while longer.

So what can I talk about?

Well, how about I start with my bad haircut. I went in to get my hair done since the afro look wasn't working any longer. Normally I have them use a #3 set of clippers on the sides and then blend it in with the rest of my hair which are done with scissors. Well, while I was sitting in the chair she spun me away from the mirror so she could get to the other side of me without dragging the cord across my chest. Shortly thereafter I feel her run those clippers right across the top of my head. I never saw it coming. So now I could either leave this big stripe down my head or I could go with the buzz cut. Not much of an option either way.



What else can I talk about safely? Well, GB's birthday is coming up and he wants to take his friends to play paintball. Bad idea. I'm going to soooo wax his ass. Everything he's done wrong over the past year? He's going to pay for it on the field. The place uses yellow and blue paint for the two teams. I plan on being on the yellow team and having GB look like a giant banana by the time I'm through with him.

On a related note, Barbie and I decided against getting him any presents this year. Instead we're going to open him up his own bank account with his own ATM card. He's been very good at saving and managing his money. This way he can take it to the next level and learn some real responsibility in a controlled environment.

Next safe topic? Last weekend K and I took 3 of our 4 kids to the Durham Life and Science Museum. (K's daughter had a date with her dad.) The rest of us had a great time, and then afterwards we went back to her place and had a bonfire in her backyard.

Side note: If you're looking for extra things to throw on a fire and your neighbor still has their Christmas tree by the side of the road, it's not as good an idea as it sounds to steal it. And if you ignore this advice and decide to steal it anyway and put it on the fire, keep in mind that by late January the tree will be REALLY dead wood and the needles will burn faster and higher than you think they might. Just saying...

Here are a few pictures from the museum:




12 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Mitchell said...

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the haircut so much, it doesn't look bad at all. But damn, dude, how big is that head? Judging from proportion, I would say that you wear a size 11 hat at least.

And what's the drum thing?

Joe said...

That's it exactly! With a lot of hair I can blame the size of the noggin on the bushy hairstyle. Now it's obvious how big it really is. At least it's that way to encompass my enormous brain.

As for what that drum thing is: It's a drum. If you had a brain as big as mine you would have known that...

Paul Mitchell said...

Sorry, Brainiac, the drum thing appears to be a gazebo with a bunch of things attached to receive some type of striking device, what gives?

Looks like fun.

Paul Mitchell said...

And just out of curiousity, do they actually make a motorcycle helmet in your size? I have a friend that cannot get one because of his freakishly large head. Thank goodness your neck makes the proportion look okay.

Can you find a cellphone that you can talk into and still have the hearing part at your ear?

Just so you know, I have picture on my blog where I am biting Bean's face and my head is like nine times bigger than hers, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Mr. Watermelon Head.

Joe said...

Yes, it's an outdoor gazebo style audio area at the museum. There is a section with drums, a section with symbols, a section with pipes, and a section with a bunch of random items (old metal milk jugs, dustpans, etc.) that also make sound.

It's a lot of fun for about 5 minutes. Then you get a headache.

(And yes, I can find helmets that fit my head. In actuality it's not even a size 8...)

Anonymous said...

The hair looks good!

Paul Mitchell said...

Don't listen to Terri, she's just trying to use you to get all your money.

Shave the head.

Kathryn & John said...

Don't think too much about what to write, just write.

Anonymous said...

I've got that same superstition about talking - or blogging - about any sort of "work in progress". But you know Joe, it's bad luck to be superstitious.

As for the hair, I like it. Maybe next time just leave the swipe down the middle?

Logzie said...

I like the haircut! That museum looks like fun. :0)

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تنظيف بيارات بالاحساء
سباك بالاحساء
فني صحي بالاحساء
رقم الصرف الصحي بالاحساء
رقم مصلحة المجاري بالاحساء