Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Ramblings

I found two more things wrong with K: She doesn't like The Doors. And she doesn't like Aerosmith. Hmmmm...

I told one woman at work I got engaged this morning. They had a party for me at the office 15 minutes later. With food and drinks. How they pulled that off, I have no idea.

It's my mom's birthday today. Happy Birthday mom. I'd have gotten her something, but she didn't invite me along on the cruise she is taking starting tomorrow.

K and I started house shopping this week. We've found the perfect neighborhood. Now we just have to clean up two houses, then stage two houses, then put two houses on the market, then sell the two houses, then buy the new house, then get moved into the new house, then get her kids registered for the new schools, all by next Thursday. (Or at least by the end of the summer.) Do you think we can do it?

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is the best game out there for the Nintendo DS.

I need to find out if Fix-a-Flat will work on lawnmower tires. I'll get back to you with the results.

Have you ever recently discovered $100,000 you had completely forgotten about? Me neither...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom's birthday was in February. She was still in Arizona at the time and I just never got her card mailed off to her. My parents came back home last weekend and had asked me to pick up a few groceries for them so there would be a little something to eat when they got home. When I saw them, I gave my mom her card and said, "Happy Birthday! I got you groceries this year!"

I have a feeling you'll get past K's dislike for the Doors and Aerosmith. I get the impression she makes up for it in other ways.

Good luck with the selling and purchasing of homes. I hope this doesn't mean that you'll be neglecting your blogging duties though! ;)

By the way, did you set a date?

Paul Mitchell said...

Burn the houses and collect the insurance. Problem solved.

HERE's a video of the Lizard King, maybe this can sway her to the Doors.

Anonymous said...

Damn and I thought my Spring Summer Project List was tough. Good luck selling two houses, its hard getting one house to sell in our neighborhood.

Beej said...

Isn't that housing thing right up your..um..alley? Job wise I mean...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your office mates! Party with food and drinks in 15 minutes - gosh, they might've actually had a stripper had they had 30.

Beth said...

Best of luck to you in all your house crap. That sounds like a whole lotta fun that I don't want to have right now.

:D