Friday, April 4, 2008

Nobody is perfect

As I have begun slowly spreading the news that K and I have gotten engaged, I've been getting lots of questions after I describe her to people. Usually it's "what's the catch?" or "She sounds too good to be true." And that got me thinking, what IS her flaw?

Well, it took a few days but I think I found it:

She stole my side of the bed.

I have always slept on the right side. (And when I was with Barbie, I was banished to the absolute right edge because while the bed was divided down the middle, if I got too close the middle line there might be some heat transfer and my body temperature was either too hot or too cold. But I digress.)

It's not that I have any problem with sleeping on the left side, but it's a creature of habit thing. And I don't even mind sharing. When I sleep over at her place, I am happy to take the left side since she's used to the right. But when she's at mine, does it work the other way around? Nope. I'm off the left again. And that side is farther from the bathroom. And has a worse angle towards the television. What's up with that?

So there you have it. She's not perfect. I've been robbed. Think I should complain?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you don't complain. Just a hunch.

I realized as I read this that I don't really have a "side." I just get the one closest to the bedroom door. My husband doesn't complain because he doesn't have a side either. He has THE MIDDLE!

Logzie said...

Congratulations on your engagement!!

Junebug said...

I say you should not say a word. Nothing.

Also, congrats!!