Thursday, March 6, 2008

The downside to Disney

Yes, there is a downside to Disney. More specifically, there is a downside to Radio Disney. Radio Disney is one of the channels on Sirius radio. One of the channels I didn't know existed before K came along.

You see, K has Sirius radio in her car as well. And my life went downhill after DQ rode home from a restaurant with K and T2 one evening. K and T2 introduced DQ to this music station and they were all jamming out to it. The boys were in my car with me, and we spent the ride home watching them in the car ahead of doing their best impression the Bohemian Rhapsody scene from Waynes world. Anyway, since that day whenever DQ is in the car with me she is trying to switch my radio over to that channel.

This morning was no exception. DQ gets in the car with me and immediately switches the station to Radio Disney. Her school is only 3 blocks away so I didn't argue. I figure I'd switch it back after I dropped her off.

But I toned out the music and forgot.

I drive all the way to work with it on. It's only when I get to a traffic light by my office that I realize what I had done. I look over at the car next to me and it's some poor dude driving a mini-van. I give him the pity-stare that says "I feel your pain."

However to my surprise he's giving me that pity-stare right back. He catches the confused look on my face and says "You've got a pre-teen daughter too, huh?"

Yea that's right. I was sitting all by myself in my car with the window down listening to a Hannah Montana song.

That's embarressing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have children. You should be used to the sapping of your brain cells and regular embarassment. I try to give it back to them whenever possible.