Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sarah Palin, Dinosaurs, and the Supreme Court

I thought there wasn't much more than can scare me about Sarah Palin, but I was wrong. Two new whoppers hit the news this week. The first is that Palin is convinced that Dinosaurs still co-existed with man as late as 6000 years ago. As was reported in the LA Times, Palin said she knew this because she "had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks."


Regardless of the Noah's Ark picture, this isn't a religious thing. It's a legitimate discussion to have with this woman if she's supposed to be taken seriously enough to hold onto our nuclear codes.

Once you have digested that tidbit, try this one on for size:

Outside of Roe vs. Wade, the woman cannot name a single Supreme Court case, period. From the Washington Post:

Of concern to McCain's campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed clip from Palin's interview with Couric last week that has the political world buzzing.

The Palin aide, after first noting how "infuriating" it was for CBS to purportedly leak word about the gaffe, revealed that it came in response to a question about Supreme Court decisions.

After noting Roe vs. Wade, Palin was apparently unable to discuss any major court cases.

There was no verbal fumbling with this particular question as there was with some others, the aide said, but rather silence.

How can anyone take this woman seriously, and furthermore, how can anyone not call into question McCain's judgement for tapping her for the slot?

2 comments:

K-2-B-A-BNIT said...

Hell, who can take any hockey/soccer mom seriously? It's her voice that does it for me. Grates on me like nails on a chalk board. I always ask myself, do women really talk like that? I mean really. How would anyone take her seriously with that voice of hers.

Beth said...

Dear Lord.

P.S. I love you and all, but your lil snapshots things drive me crazy.

Just sayin'


;)