Friday, June 20, 2008

Last Friday

Once again, I'm late. I'm late in updating the blog, I'm late in posting pictures. And as so often happens when I'm late, I forget stuff. So here's something I do remember...

K and I took a day off of work and went tubing down the Dan River with DQ and T1. GB was still in Denmark and T2 was with her dad on vacation out west.

This was a different section of the river than I had taken the kids on last year, and I wouldn't do this part again. The other section had a bunch of small rapids, some really deep sections where we could get out and swim, and some nice beachy shores to get out and eat lunch.

This time around, it was just a plain 'ole lazy river. In fact there wasn't anywhere really to pull over to eat so we had our lunch while floating downstream.

Here's a few pictures of the day. The last image is of the water moccasin who chose to cross the river between us all. He never gave us a second thought, but his diamond shaped head made it perfectly clear we were to leave him alone.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been tubing in ages. The river where we used to go has turned into a pretty rowdy place. Not really family friendly anymore.