Friday, February 15, 2008

About Last Night

For all my fans my dedicated readers mom, Valentine's day was absolutely wonderful. Apparently K cancelling the dinner last night because she was sick was never really an option. She spent the entire afternoon preparing. When I got to her house around 6pm, the dining room was decked out to the hilt. The windows were covered with Valentine clingys, the arms of the chandelier over the table had hearts hanging down, and she even made hand-cut hearts that she had spread out all over the table that she made from construction paper.

Oh, and to put all that to shame, she baked an incredible New York Cheesecake from scratch. It was topped with fresh Strawberries and Raspberries and she made a berry glaze with pureed fruit and some strawberry dessert wine.

We spent the early part of the evening in her kitchen talking and cooking. She's an amazing cook. She put me to work dicing the shallots, pulling the thyme leaves off the stems, and taking care of the filets - the menial work. And while I was doing that, she made this incredible hot bacon dressing for the spinach salad, and this mushroom and gorgonzola sauce to pour over the filets. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I'm keeping her!

After dinner, it was still pretty early but we retired to the bedroom anyway. She lit some candles and snuck off to put on some lingerie and while she did that I changed into my red bow from her recipe list. She must have not thought I was going to follow through because I don't think I have ever seen someone laugh so hard in my life. As for the rest of the night, I'll spare you the details.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing is good medicine I hear. She does sound like a keeper.

Anonymous said...

So you really went through with the red bow? That's awesome!

GeekieChick said...

Well, the good thing is that now she knows you can follow directions...!!

:P

;D

Anonymous said...

so...what else do you need to "discover"??? She sounds like a true gem!

Buy a friggin RING already! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, don't I just feel like half of an old married couple now.

Oh, wait... I am.

Kate said...

what a trooper! sounds like a perfect night.